BuildingExpert’s energy efficiency division offers a large variety of programs and services across Canada; including The Canada Greener Homes Initiative. We are currently looking for NRCan Registered Energy Advisors (REA) in several provinces. (Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan) Join BuildingExpert and propel your professional development within a dynamic team that treats people like humans! BuildingExpert has building science at heart and wants to have a direct impact on the environment!
As an Energy Advisor at BuildingExpert, you will play a pivotal role in assisting our clients in making informed decisions about their energy consumption and efficiency. Your expertise will help them optimize their energy usage, reduce costs, and contribute to a more sustainable future. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting home energy audits and assessments
- Identifying opportunities for energy efficiency improvements and recommending solutions
- Modeling the energy audits using HOT2000
Buildingexpert offers a high level of support with administrative tasks to let the REA focus on conducting home energy audits and assessments. BuildingExpert also offers a competitive remuneration (paid per completed audit), a flexible schedule and a work environment with strong human values. We look forward to receiving your applications and meeting potential candidates who share our vision of creating a sustainable and energy-efficient world.
|You have :
- A University/College degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Building Inspection, Architecture, Engineering, or related fields (or equivalent work experience) ;
- Basic computer skills including an ability to learn new IT tools
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle ;
- A good physical condition (ability to install blower door equipment, inspection in attic spaces/crawl spaces).
|You are :
- An excellent communicator and you have great interpersonal skills to effectively engage with clients and team members ;
- Skilled at analyzing data and prepare detailed energy reports and recommendations ;
- Proactive, meticulous and well-organized.
|Why choose Buildingexpert (BE)?
- Customer service support: We confirm client eligibility for the REA and we have various marketing techniques in place to increase program demand and awareness. We manage customer service tasks for the REA including payment and answering any technical questions. We can also book and manage your schedule which includes an appointment confirmation 48hrs in advance.
- Administrative support: We submit draft files and send reports to clients
- Quality Assurance support: An available Quality Assurance Specialist performing regular quality assurance verifications on your files with constructive feedback. These essential feedbacks are meant to improve REA’S quality and efficiency in completing the audits.
- H2K technical support: We have HOT2000 experts ready to assist the REA in modelling audits.
- Tools to improve your efficiency:
- Modeling application which automatically models mechanical systems (eg. Heat pump with AHRI number).
- Quality assistant applications: Quickly scans H2K file for any errors with solutions. The application helps produce very high-quality energy audits.
- Available in the near future: a tablet with an automized data collection form.
- Training support: We have developed and offer a specialized training in modeling H2K files, as well as a field audit training including MURB (multi-unit residential buildings) evaluations.